This audit has laid bare what we already know — Facebook is a platform plagued by civil rights shortcomings. Facebook has an enormous impact on our civil rights — by facilitating hate speech and violence, voter and census disinformation, and algorithmic bias, and by shortchanging diversity and inclusion. This audit has exposed Facebook’s vulnerabilities and provides important recommendations that they must take up swiftly.
The Culpeper branch of the NAACP holds its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. on the 3rd Thursday of each month. We are currently meeting at Antioch Baptist Church at 202 S. West Street, Culpeper, 22701. All are welcome; you do not have to be a member to attend.
Subscribe to News via Email
2021 MLK Day Celebration
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
- Happy Thanksgiving to All and Congratulations to the Winners of “A Year of Good Black News” Page-A-Day® Calendar for 2023! November 24, 2022
- “Food Griot” Tonya Hopkins to Host “The Kwanzaa Menu” Online Series on Food Network this December November 22, 2022
- GBN GIVEAWAY: Enter by 11/23 For Chance to Win Free “A Year of Good Black News” Page-A-Day® Calendar for 2023! November 16, 2022
- MUSIC MONDAY: Soulful Thanksgiving 2022 Playlist (LISTEN) November 14, 2022
- IT’S BACK!! GBN’s “A Year of Good Black News” Page-A-Day Calendar for 2023 Now Available for Pre-Order October 23, 2022