This audit has laid bare what we already know — Facebook is a platform plagued by civil rights shortcomings. Facebook has an enormous impact on our civil rights — by facilitating hate speech and violence, voter and census disinformation, and algorithmic bias, and by shortchanging diversity and inclusion. This audit has exposed Facebook’s vulnerabilities and provides important recommendations that they must take up swiftly.
The Culpeper branch of the NAACP holds its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. on the 3rd Thursday of each month at the public library at 271 Southgate Shopping Center, Culpeper 22701. All are welcome; you do not have to be a member to attend.
Subscribe to News via Email
2021 MLK Day Celebration
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
- MUSIC MONDAY: “Phantom of the Panther” – Black Horror Scores and More (LISTEN) October 18, 2021
- Howard University Receives $5 Million from Alumni Eddie C. Brown and C. Sylvia Brown, the Largest Alumni Donation in its History October 15, 2021
- GBN Giveaway: “A Year of Good Black News” Page-A-Day® Calendar 2022 – Congratulations to the 1st Winner! October 12, 2021
- Maya Angelou to Appear on U.S. Quarter as Part of the 2022 American Women Series October 11, 2021
- MUSIC MONDAY: “Mind Playing Tricks” – a Soulful Halloween Collection for 2021 (LISTEN) October 11, 2021