Yes, you read that right.
This is what we know so far:
- Trump supporters are strategically holding events in Black communities, where they lure Black voters in with promises of a cash giveaway while showering the Trump administration with praises.
- The first event took place in Cleveland, Ohio last month, and envelopes containing several hundreds of dollars were handed out to multiple attendees.
- An upcoming event in Virginia promises up to $30,000 in cash giveaways.
- This tactic is manipulative, unconscionable, and flies in the face of our democracy.
The NAACP will not stand for it, but we need your support to put an end to this nonsense.
Our grassroots teams are on the ground spreading awareness about these sham events, and we’re mobilizing our local communities to stand up to those seeking to demean Black voters. We’re letting it be known loud and clear: The Black vote has never been, and will never be, for sale.
I’m personally asking you to lend your voice to the movement. Here is how you can help:
- Spread awareness of this issue online by using the hashtag #BlackVotesAreNotForSale
- Share the image above to your social media networks
- Chip in $5 so our field team can mobilize the Black communities being targeted
Now more than ever, our teams need to be equipped with the resources to defend our communities from those attempting to suppress our votes or tarnish the integrity of our democracy. You can take a stand with us today by clicking here to make a donation.
Such an affront to our communities requires swift and deliberate action. The NAACP will continue to monitor these events, and as always, we remain committed to speaking out and safeguarding our communities from attacks such as these. I hope you will join our fight.
President and CEO