Somebody is hurting our people and it has gone on far too long and we won’t be silent anymore
JOIN THE MOVEMENT ON JUNE 20TH
The Mass Poor People’s Assembly and Moral March on Washington is a 2.5-hour program that will be broadcast on Saturday, June 20th at 10 am EST & 6 pm EST, and again on Sunday, June 21st at 6 pm EST, at June2020.org.
The Poor People’s Campaign is a movement of tens of thousands of people across the country who are organizing to end the interlocking injustices of systemic racism, poverty, militarism, and the war economy, ecological devastation, and the distorted moral narrative of religious nationalism.
- The Mass Poor People’s Assembly & Moral March on Washington: A Digital Justice Gathering will be the largest digital gathering of poor, dispossessed, and impacted people in history.
- This 2.5-hour program will be broadcast on Saturday, June 20th at 10:00 am EST and 6:00 pm EST and again on Sunday, June 21st at 6:00 pm EST.
- We will gather digitally from all 50 U.S. states and territories, and from across the world. Radio and TV networks will carry the stream, but the best place to participate will be at www.june2020.org
- There are 140 million poor and low-income people in the richest country in the history of the world. This global pandemic is exposing, even more, the already existing crisis of systemic racism, poverty, ecological devastation, the war economy and militarism, and the distorted moral narrative of religious nationalism.
- We are gathering on June 20, 2020, to demonstrate the leadership of the poor and build power to enact a Moral Agenda for the nation.
- If the rejected millions — those without health insurance, without living wages, without clean water, without voting protections — unite, we can move the moral and political imagination of this country and revive the heart of our democracy!
- The Mass Poor People’s Assembly & Moral March on Washington: A Digital Justice Gathering is made up of people of all backgrounds, we are Black, Brown, White, Native, and Asian; we are old and young; we are people of faith and not of faith; we are people of all sexual orientations and gender identities; we are people of all abilities; we are led by poor people and we are a broad movement made up of those from all walks of life, and we are from every corner of this nation.
- We will gather online on June 20, 2020, from across the country and world.
- The digital Mass Assembly and March on June 20 & 21st will be interpreted into Spanish and ASL (American Sign Language) and will be open captioned in English.
- ASL interpretation will be visible on-screen for the Digital Mass Assembly and March on all digital & TV network platforms.
- Use this social media toolkit to spread the word networks and social media.
- Get connected to your state’s coordinating committee.