The Declaration of Independence states that all men are created equal; the racial contract limits this to white men with property. The law says murder is illegal; the racial contract says it’s fine for white people to chase and murder black people if they have decided that those black people scare them. “The terms of the Racial Contract,” Mills wrote, “mean that nonwhite subpersonhood is enshrined simultaneously with white personhood.”
The Culpeper branch of the NAACP holds its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. on the 3rd Thursday of each month. We are currently meeting at the Culpeper Business Center at 14115 Lovers Lane, Culpeper, 22701. All are welcome; you do not have to be a member to attend.
We would welcome your donation!
Subscribe to News via Email
- MUSIC MONDAY: “AfroZeppelin” – A Rhythm & Blues-Filled Led Zeppelin Collection (LISTEN) September 4, 2023
- Documentary “Donayle Luna: Super Model” on 1st Black Supermodel Debuts September 13 on HBO September 1, 2023
- MUSIC MONDAY: “I’ll Take You There” – The Best of Mavis Staples (LISTEN) August 14, 2023
- MUSIC MONDAY: “AfroBowie” – A Soul-Filled David Bowie Collection (LISTEN) July 24, 2023
- Rep. John Lewis Honored by USPS with New Commemorative Forever Stamp July 23, 2023